The Bahamas offer the ideal location for luxury yacht charters, boasting a virtually unlimited supply of crystal-clear waters, word-class fishing and spectacular diving locations.
The three island chains which make up The Bahamas also offer an inexhaustible choice of first-class dining venues, the very best of which we have listed in this mini-guide to the Best Fine Dining in the Bahamas.
But do remember: the archipelago is a hugely popular holiday destination and those on yacht charter in the Bahamas who have their heart set on any of the restaurants below should ask their crew to book a table to avoid disappointment.
• Sun and . . . This restaurant in Nassau, on New Providence Island, was closed for many years but has recently reopened to rave reviews. Serving exceptional international cuisine it is a throwback to Nassau in its heyday. www.sun-and.com
• Moso. Arguably the Bahamas finest Asian restaurant is Moso, located in Wyndham Nassau Resort on New Providence Island. Try the teriyaki specialities and we guarantee you will be blown away. www.wyndhamnassauresort.com
• Dune. Founded by French-born chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Dune is one of the finest restaurants on Paradise Island. It is situated within the luxury One & Only Ocean Club. www.oneandonlyresorts.com
• Nobu. The celebrated Japanese restaurant chain has recently opened an outlet in Atlantis, on Paradise Island, and the waiting list for tables here are just as long as they are elsewhere on the planet. It has become the island’s most talked about restaurant and enjoys incredible views as well as delicious food. www.atlantis.com
• Mangoes Restaurant. For outstanding Bahamian food while on yacht charter in the Bahamas try Mangoes restaurant in Marsh Harbour, on the Abacos. www.mangoesmarina.com
• Rock House Restaurant. Finally, if you want to experience exceptional international cuisine in an unforgettable setting whilst on Bahamas Charter Yacht. we suggest you head to the Rock House Restaurant on Harbour Island. This restaurant is the luxury hotel of the same name and includes an out-of-this-world rock-lobster sandwich on its eclectic lunch menu. www.rockhousebahamas.com